Friday, June 8, 2007

You Are a Runner and I Am My Father's Son by Wolf Parade

If you read my comment about needing even more quirky rock music from Montreal and thought, "but I don't even know of any rock music from Montreal", you need to give a listen to Wolf Parade. They are unusual among my favorite Montreal based acts in actually having music available for download. So go over there and check out You Are A Runner And I Am My Father's Son.

While you're there, be sure to get a gander at the band's biographic entry. It's the best I've ever read. Any band who describes their music as "like a bullfight, only where the bull is a gorilla and the matador is a robot precariously holding a baby and all the spectators are eagles and whales with laser beams for eyes and everybody cries when the gorilla dies," is worth a good look.

http://www.subpop.com/assets/audio/2362.mp3

No comments: